cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my PIXMA MX310 has started to print in only the top left quarter of the page. help

wendolynsworld
Apprentice

My pixma MX310 printer has started to print the whole document in the upper left quarter of the page and i can't figure out what setting may need to be changed. in the print preview it shows the full page ready to print. i'm frustrated

16 REPLIES 16

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello wendolynsworld.

It may be possible that the paper size is currently set to 4"x6" or 5"x7". 

Before printing, please check the printer settings in the Print menu on your computer.  Make sure that the paper size is set to "Letter" or 8.5"x11".

If you have any difficulties with finding the paper size setting, please tell us what version of Windows or Mac OSX is on your computer. 

Also, tell us what programs are being used when this issue occurs.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

macOSHigh Sierra

Still having problem of any print job-spreadsheet, email, photo only printing in the top left quarter of the page on my MacBookPro.

Everything prints correctly on my HP laptop.

Paper size is correct. I have deleted and reloaded printer driver on my Mac and this problem persists.

Thank-you!

Please don't treat us as idiots. Do you honestly think we haven't done all that. How about updating the drivers for the MG7150? Get real

HSC
Apprentice

I have an iP6700D printer. All of a sudden, in the middle of a project, it started printing on only a quarter of the page despite being set to print one per page, fit to page and letter size. Print preview looks fine but printing is problematic. Originally using The Print Shop app, but it still does this when printing as PDF in Adobe Reader and Preview. Please help.

Hi HSC,

In order to better assist you, allow me to ask a couple questions:

• What size paper is being requested from the computer?
  • Which version of Window or Macintosh are you using?

I look forward to your reply.

I have a Canon MX922, Mac OS 13.1 Ventura, In printer settings the paper size is 'letter'. Same issue as others, the printer prints only in upper left quarter of sheet, shrinking full page to quarter size.

keetha
Contributor

My MG5720 just started doing this using Pages. My paper size is set to US Letter, 8.5x11". In the print preview, it looks correct but when it prints, the entire page is printed in the upper left corner. 

I have an iMac, OS High Sierra 10.13.6.

Has there been a solution to this?  All of us are having the same issue.  Settings are for Standard letter 8 1/2 x 11 but yet the printing is all up in the upper right 1/4th of the page.  Please Canon, what changed and how can we fix it?  I have a Canon MG8100.

Hi moodymoo,

In order to better assist you, allow me to ask a couple questions:

• Are you printing a document or a photo?
  • Which version of Window or Macintosh are you using?
  • What program are you using to print?

We look forward to your reply.

Announcements