cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx340 8.1 Driver installation?

LocalHero
Contributor

I have an MX340 printer scanner on Windows 8.1 64bit.    I think I'm still using the drivers for Windows 7 because the driver for 8.1 hadn't been out yet.   Now it's gotten ornery again and I see there's drivers for 8.1 as well as updated software for 8.1.    Woo hoo!

Question is... what do I need to install and in what sequence?    I see three useful looking bits of software that I might want...

1- MX340 series MP Driver Ver.1.06     

2- MX340 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.56    

3- MP Navigator EX Ver. 3.15 

I don't know if I need the MP or XPS driver and if I need the MP Navigator update at all.  Does it make sense to use the Canon PIXMA Wireless Setup Assistant from 2013? 

I've never been able to get the wireless connection to work and it would be great if that could happen with the new drivers/software.   

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello.

Unistall the current MX340 MP Drivers from the computer.  Open the programs listing in the Control Panel to remove any Canon drivers.  Once this has been done you can reinstall.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

In order to scan, the MP Driver and MP Navigator will have to be installed.  The XPS driver is optional and can only be used for printing with certain programs. 

If you continue to have difficulties with scanning, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for that info.... I've already installed the MP driver and MP Navigator and it works somewhat.    I've always wanted the wireless to work so I set it up as a wireless connection and the scanner works wirelessly but if I try to print I get the "printer is offline..." message.    I have to plug in the usb cable to get it to print.   

It seems kind of screwy to me that the same machine connects wirelessly for scanning but only wired for printing.

I posted another thread about this but no response so far.

Hi LocalHero,

Your printer may still be assigned to a USB port, which sometimes happens with Windows 8 and 8.1.  To correct this:

1. Disconnect the USB cable.
  2. Restart the computer.
  3. Run the installation program again.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Should I uninstall the existing printer?    At this point I have "Canon MX340 series printer" and "Canon MX340 series printer(copy1)" showing up in my printer list.   It occurs to me that I should delete all vestiges of the Canon printer and MP Navigator software and start over but I'm not sure how to do that cleanly and safely.

Hello.

Unistall the current MX340 MP Drivers from the computer.  Open the programs listing in the Control Panel to remove any Canon drivers.  Once this has been done you can reinstall.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements