cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mac ventura has no driver for Canon MG5250. Please help!

Bhaz
Apprentice

Hi, I have upgraded to a MacBook Pro macOS Ventura 13.3.1, and have my Canon Pixma MG5250.  I previously had old Mac set up and connected via wifi.   Now I can not get a print driver to connect to my new MacBook to the printer via wifi.

I have tried various print drivers by Apple, but they are not compatible with Ventura.  Also tried via cable but it still needed driver.

Hope you can help,

Bhaz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Many thanks Arthur J,

I have posted same query on Canon UK site.  Hopefully get a resolution soon.

Thanks again 

Bhaz

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Bhaz
Apprentice

Hi, Can anyone help me with this, any suggestions please!

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The MG5250 is neither sold nor supported in the U.S.A. You've reached support for Canon U.S.A. If you require support outside the U.S., I recommend contacting the branch of Canon for your region. You may find the correct website using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

If this model is like the MG5220 which is the version sold in the United States it has been retired and drivers for newer operating systems are not available. 

You can reach out Canon in your region to see if they have any discounts or upgrades on newer printers that would work with your operating system. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Many thanks Arthur J,

I have posted same query on Canon UK site.  Hopefully get a resolution soon.

Thanks again 

Bhaz

Bhaz
Apprentice

Unfortunately the Pixma MG5250 is now not support, therefore not resolved my particular issue, but gave me alternatives to use another computer.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements