cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon mx922 crazy printing

jtksbk
Contributor

When I print, some lines are okay and alternating lines are unclear, double vision. I have done maintenance more than once including deep cleaning, I have taken the printer head out and cleaned, and have cleaned the strip. Help?!

7 REPLIES 7

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You have done all the cleanings we would recommend. Since the MX922 still wont print correctly, it would need to be replaced. 

If you printer is outside of it's 1 year warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

OMG!  I've had the same problem as above. I've gone through all the troubleshooting and now when I really need to print business documents they look "drunk".  Are there any newer models of all-in-ones that use the same 250xl and 251xl ink cartridges?

Hi,

Please click HERE to open Canon's ink and toner finder page. You can enter the cartridge number and select the search icon. This will pull up any printers  that are compatible with that ink type. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That was not helpful at all. No compatible printers were listed for me. 

If I'm asking Canon for help on a product problem, why would your response be to buy another product? I've lost all faith in Canon as a result.

can you please tell me some models that would be a suitable replacement for MX922 so that I can research first?

Hi jtksbk,

If you own the PIXMA MX922 and are experiencing the printing issues as the posts above, cleaning the encoder / timing strip may resolve this issue.

To clean the encoder/timing strip, please follow the steps outlined in the following Knowledgebase Article available from our web site:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART142447

In regards to your question, the latest model that is most similar to the PIXMA MX922 is the PIXMA TR8620a.  More information regarding the PIXMA TR8620a can be viewed here:

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/printers-all-in-ones/photo-all-in-one-inkjet-printers

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements