cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8620 A4 Paper

MamaDonna
Apprentice

I've had the Canon TR8620 printer for about a month. The majority of printing is on A4 size paper. I've printed over 100 pages at this page size in the last month with no issues at all. Since yesterday, the printer cuts off about an inch from the bottom of the page and will not eject the paper at the end of printing. It prints all of the data that is supposed to go at the bottom, leaving a garbled mess on what it apparently now thinks is the last line, but the paper never ejects from the printer, and I have to pull it out. The resistance tells me that the grippers are still holding onto the page, but I can't get it to print to the full length of the margins. Both the cassette tray and the rear tray are set to A4; the print settings in the software are set to A4, but inexplicably, the printer seems to still be treating it as a smaller page size.

I might understand if I had changed any of the settings, but literally not one thing has changed from last week when it was printing beautifully and this week when it's messing everything up. I even reset ALL of the settings back to default; turned the printer off; disconnected it from my Mac and reconnected it...nothing helped.

Why would it suddenly not recognize the page size?!?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MamaDonna,

Because your PIXMA TR8620 may require serivce, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below to log into your My Canon account:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements