cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't my MX410 scan?

ShaylaD
Apprentice

I have a MX410. It will not scan, there is no error message, it says " PC standby " when I press start. It says " PLease Wait Awhile " and nothing happens and it seems to reset it self. I am using Windows 7 ( 64X ) and have the the drivers downloaded. Is it an issue that is fixable?

19 REPLIES 19

dbunker
Apprentice

I am having the same problem, and would be interested in the answer.  I've been searching the forum for help on this, but cannot find an answer.  I hope someone can help us!  Thanks for posting!

Hi,

I am having the same problem with a redo of a USB installation of an MX410.

I press scan, press OK at the PC prompt and then again at the Local (USB) and the AutoScan prompts. The PC then hangs with a message PC Scan Standby.

The only was I can get the scan to complete is to go into the MP Navigator EX software and select scan from there.

I know for a fact that tis was possible to initiate a scan from the printer and am wondering what happened.

Ramona
Authority

Hi Shayla D and dbunker,

You will need to have the MP Navigator program installed on your computer to save the scanned items from the operation panel of the printer.  With MP Navigator installed, please follow the steps located at the link below to scan using the operation panel of the printer:

Scanning using the PIXMA MX410 Operation Panel

Please note that the instructions above reference a Mac, however, the steps are the same for a Windows computer.

If you do not have the MP Navigator program installed, you can download it from the Recommended for You section of the PIXMA MX410 Drivers and Software page here.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My cannon is doing the same thing and I followed the instructions for the download and it still won't let me scan. I had an apple support person on the phone with me as we looked for why - my Mac does recognize the printer/scanner but it won't stop saying pc scan standby or please wait awhile.  I have never been able to get this cannon product to actually do what it is suppose to do - scan very frustrated!!

The link you provided doesn't work.

What is the solution?

hikerick,

Make sure that the latest drivers and MP Navigator program are installed on the computer.  Visit THIS LINK to download the latest drivers and MP Navigator software.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

woodyhonda
Apprentice

Get this message: MP Navigator may not be installed correctly, please reinstall and try again. I have done that but still does not work.

Hi woodyhonda,

So we can better assist you, please reply with what operating system is on your computer (version of Windows or Mac OS X).

For more immedate assistance, please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) and a Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

sylvie
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX450 series printer.When I try to scan, the error message Please wait a while appears- it just stays in this status. 

Announcements