cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Install FINE Ink Cartridges on MG3620

BillOverTheHill
Contributor

Hello, I just unpacked and am in the process of setting up my MG3620. I am unable to install the ink cartridges because the gray-colored ink wells are not all the way on the right side of the printer as shown in your video. They are a little to the left, so that the color ink well is positioned right behind the black plastic vertical piece on the printer body. The black ink well is to the right of the black plastic vertical piece. However, even with the black one, if I push it down with my finger, it does NOT stay down, as shown in the video. I turned the printer on and off a few times to see if it would properly position the ink wells on the far right side of the printer, but it is not happening. How do I fix this?Ink wells cannot go all the way to the right side. Neither do they stay down when I push on them, as in your video.Ink wells cannot go all the way to the right side. Neither do they stay down when I push on them, as in your video.

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Register your product and then contact support on the Canon site:

Canon Support for PIXMA MG3620 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you, John. I just registered my printer with Canon. Chat isn't available right now, so I sent them an email in which I clearly explained the problem, along with a link to the above video. They will probably tell me that I need to approach the actual vendor on Amazon, being as I did not purchase the printer directly from Canon. I in fact have been in communication with the vendor on Amazon, and have requested a replacement. I am waiting to see how that goes. A Canon rep in the UK did confirm my suspicion though. That is, that there is a hardware malfunction/misalignment with the printer. Whether it came from the factory that way, or occurred during shipping, I honestly do not know.

Announcements