cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The orange alarm light is on (continuously) and the power won't turn on.

jb5
Apprentice

The orange alarm light is on (continuously) and the power won't turn on. I just got a new laptop and I was trying to connect it and it won't connect without the power on so I don't know if I have a code because it won't connect.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, jb5!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

jb5
Apprentice

It is a MG3620. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@jb5 wrote:

The orange alarm light is on (continuously) and the power won't turn on. I just got a new laptop and I was trying to connect it and it won't connect without the power on so I don't know if I have a code because it won't connect.

As a start, disconnect printer from the power outlet and then press the power on button a few times to drain off any stored charge.

Then plug back in and power on. 

Report back with what is happening.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jb5
Apprentice

I just did as instructed and no change. I also unplugged it for over an hour. I held the power button down and unplugged for a few minutes (while still holding the power button down). 

Announcements