cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS6320

scorpio012
Enthusiast

Hello, I have the above printer on my computer which uses Windows 8.1 as it's OS.  I went to use it today and I can't change from a landscape orientation to a portrait orientation?  I've used the printer before without any problem changing the orientation, although this morning I had done a system restore on my computer which only restored it back to April 10, 2020, but I'm not sure if that would prevent me from changing the orientation?  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi scorpio012,

The software that Rick is referring to is the software/application that you are using to view the document on your computer.

Examples of this would be Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word, Google Chrome, to name a few.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Hi scorpio012,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4.  Right click the Canon TS6300 series and left click Printing Preferences.

5.  In the lower right corner, please choose your desired orientation, Portrait or Landscape.

6.  Click Apply and then OK.

Once set, please attempt to print.

For more information, please use this link:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/TS6300%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_basic.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

A system restore is probably not indicated as a potential fix for a screen orientation issue with your printer.  

What software are you printing from?

What are you printing?  (text, image)?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello Rick,  Thanks for your reply.   I've been trying to print out a document from my computer, a financial statement.  Before it's always printed out in the protrait orientation, but now I can't change it from landscape.  Being computer iliterate, when you say software I'm not sure what you mean?  I bought the printer less that siz months ago and I used the disk that came with the printer.  I'm using Windows 8.1 as my OS. Thanks again

Hi scorpio012,

The software that Rick is referring to is the software/application that you are using to view the document on your computer.

Examples of this would be Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word, Google Chrome, to name a few.

Thank you for your reply and educating me about computer terminology which I'm obviously in deperate need of.  Now that you've explained it to me about what the software program I was/am using is Adobe reader.  The problem with the picture orientation is ongoing and I still haven't been able to figure out what the problem is?  If you can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Hello, The software you asked what i am using is Adobe Acrobat pro DC

Hello, I had posted this question earlier about my not being able to change the orientation of the page when I start to print something like a document.  I have Windows 10 as my OS and the printer is a Canon Pixma TS6320 and I use the software that came with the printer.  I ho0e that you can provide me some help with this.  Thank you

Hi scorpio012,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4.  Right click the Canon TS6300 series and left click Printing Preferences.

5.  In the lower right corner, please choose your desired orientation, Portrait or Landscape.

6.  Click Apply and then OK.

Once set, please attempt to print.

For more information, please use this link:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/TS6300%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_basic.html

Thank you Patrick for sending me this to try.  As soon as I do  will let you know how I made out.  I will be in the hospital for a few days.  Thanks again

Announcements