cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 shows Paper Jam error but there is NO paper jam so the printer is unusable

drdigital1
Apprentice

TR8520 shows Error 1300 (Paper Jam). But there is NO paper jam so the printer is unusable. Haven't found any way to reset/restore to factory settings as long as this error is displayed. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sometimes errors can be cleared by removing power from printer (unplug) and then pressing the power button a few times; that sometimes drains charge from the memory. No guarantees, but free to try.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks jrhoffman75. Tried the suggestion but the problem remains. 😢

This what Canon rep posted in a different question - should apply here:

"If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays."

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John, I understand now why you're called LEGEND. I ordered another printer (not Canon) but I'll call the number you gave tomorrow and find out what Canon suggests.

Thanks a lot!

Announcements