cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR7520 printer ink tank no being used

LarsMacD
Apprentice

TR7520 printer seems to work fine, except the black Tanks are not fully utilized. Printer uses large tank (280 PGBK) until that runs dry, and never uses the BK 280 tank. 

I am sure that I am missing something simple, but, ... 

Advice? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

There are two kinds of black ink in the machine: dye ink (BK) and pigment ink (PGBK). The dye ink is used mainly for printing photos, illustration, etc., and the pigment ink is used for text-based documents. Each has different purposes so that even if one runs out, another will not be used instead.

So if you are printing text based documents more than anything else, the BK in will not be used as much as the PGBK. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

There are two kinds of black ink in the machine: dye ink (BK) and pigment ink (PGBK). The dye ink is used mainly for printing photos, illustration, etc., and the pigment ink is used for text-based documents. Each has different purposes so that even if one runs out, another will not be used instead.

So if you are printing text based documents more than anything else, the BK in will not be used as much as the PGBK. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the explanation. That clears up my confusion.

It seems most complaints of printing problems is failure of text printing (eg. Documents, webpage text etc.) As opposed to "photo black" printing. Note that I have encounted some web based text files to be actually be in photo black as opposed to text black) . If no black text is printing, its likely a clogged ink pad - found below the ink cartridge. The larger PGBK black cartridge can be removed and a high pressure streem of isoporynol alcohol pushed through the pad. Use a syringe for liquids or a hypo needle with removable , unscrewable needle. Fill hyp with alcohol and force it through the pad. Do this a few times. Wait abt 5 minutes. Its even better if you force air through the pad after, using platic flexible tubing that matches the ink pad orrifice. Hold it tight and blow air with your mouth through the tubing. Use paper towel under the ink carriage if you want to clean up the liquid that comes out from underneiht the print carrige. You can do this to all the ink color holes. Works every time for me. If no plastic tubing to blow through, try just using the empty hypo filled with air held agaisnt the ink pad hole. Press thr plunger down fast ..do 5 times or so...may work as well but tubing works even better.. GL es 73

click here to view the gallery
Announcements