cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support code 1413

rgabby
Contributor

Am i the only person that received a " Support Code 1413" when changing ink?

8 REPLIES 8

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

The community is eager to assist! To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we’ll need to know the model of the printer you are using. We look forward to hearing back from you!

Cannon MG5422 . I inserted a new non-cannon PGI-250BK /XL . Support code1413 I received this error. This new ink tank cannot be recognized. Now what do I do ?? RAY

Ramona
Authority

Hi rgabby,

To try and resolve the issue, please ensure all tape has been removed from the ink tank, then reseat the ink tank in the printer.  Once this has been done, if you still experience the same issue, we recommend replacing the ink tank with a Canon genuine ink tank.  Canon supplies and accessories for the PIXMA MG5422 can be purchased online at the Canon eStore here:

http://bit.ly/15eKkd7

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us .

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Has this problem happened to any one else.??Why am I mandated to buy ink from only CANON?? Is not this against the LAW ??

WHY HAS NO ONE RESPONDED BACK TO ME //////////////////////////////////??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm currently dealing with this. It is VERY frustrating. I can't find a solution and I AM using Canon ink, (Right type/model) Im at the point where I'm about to go buy a new printer and I guarantee it wont be Canon!

Hi OCStudent! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums! 

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. 

If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly technical support team. 

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

We hope this helps! 

Ramona
Authority

Hi rgabby,

Since Canon does not provide product specifications to third parties, testing Canon inks with the printer will help make sure that this error is not a hardware problem with the printer.  If you still experience difficulty with the printer, please use the Contact Us link below for further assistance.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us .

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements