cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScanGear Internal Error 7,202,1

BizzyM
Apprentice

Scans work, but after each scan, I get Internal Error Code:7,202,1.  TWAIN driver.  WIA works without error, but offers lests options.

Scanner is Pixima MP250.  Downloaded latest driver from usa.canon already.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, BizzyM!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (Windows or Mac OS X, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Yes, 4 year old topic, but it still occurs.

Windows 10, always up-to-date.  Still get the same error: 7,202,1.  Scans still come through, but just with this error.

Hi BizzyM,

The security feature of Windows 10, Windows Defender, may be causing this issue to occur.  It has the ability to block programs that are attempting to access folders on your computer.  Let's see if this is the cause of the issue you are experiencing:

1.  Click on the Windows Start menu button.

2.  Click on Windows Defender Security Center.

3.  Click on Virus & threat protection.

4.  Click on Virus & threat protection settings.

5.  Under Controlled folder access, move the slider bar to Off.

Once set, please attempt to scan.

There is a Knowledgebase Article that you can view that shows these steps:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART169523

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

heywoodg
Apprentice

The problem refers to Windows Defender but I'm having the same problem and Defender is disabled. I'm using Kaspersky and still get the scangear error with it disabled.
Error occurs on my Pixma MP990 when I scan using the TWAIN driver, OS is Win10
Any suggestions?

Announcements