cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing Please Wait Momentarily MG5720

budscyn
Apprentice

Every time I attempt to print a document on my PIXMA MG5720 the message "Processing Please Wait Momentarily" is displayed on the printer screen.  Any attempts  to clear the message are not possible.  The only solution that I have found is to turn off the printer and then turn it back on.  I can then print the document. However,  within 15 or 20 minutes the same error message appears, only to be corrected by turning the printer off and then turning it back on.  There are no additional jobs in the queue. Printer has been removed from computer and reinstalled and same problem occurs.  Please suggest any further steps that may be taken to alleviate this problem.  Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Budscyn,

That issue can be caused by a problem with the job not being sent through the driver or a problem with communication. To assist further with the issue, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide troubleshooting steps.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Are you connecting to the printer via USB or over a network?

Windows 10 Pro

Wireless

Hi budscyn,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Turn your PIXMA MG5720 on.

2.  Select Setup from the HOME screen.

3.  Select Device Settings and then press OK.

4.  Use the up or down button to select LAN settings and press OK.

5.  Use the up or down button to select Confirm LAN settings and press OK.

6.  Use the up or down button to select Print LAN details and press OK.

The network settings of your PIXMA MG5720 will be printed.

Please take note of the Signal Strength.  It should be above 70%.  If that number is low, that could cause the issue that you are experiencing.  Please move the printer closer to the router.

Neighbor's wireless networks, garage door openers, microwave ovens, cordless telephones and baby monitors are some items that can cause interference on your wireless network.  Please try changing the channel that your router broadcasts the 2.4Ghz network on.  Please refer to your router's documentation for this process.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

creig
Apprentice

Me too, and problem was mine is bigger.. it stuck on prompting please wait momentarily

how to solve this?

i cannot update the firmware aswell 

Announcements