cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reduce the size of the pdf scanned file ?

jai
Apprentice

Hi, 

I have canon PIXMA MG2120. I am trying to scan the documents but the size is to big to attach to email. Any Idea how to reduce the size of the PDF file?

7 REPLIES 7

Karl1
Rising Star

There are two main ways to effect the file size of a scanned PDF.  The main way would be to lower the scan resolution.  For most black and white documents you should not need more then 100dpi to get a good quality PDF.  If the file size is still to large, next to the PDF file type option should be a Set button.  When you click Set, there will be radio buttons for PDF Compression.  The default is standard, and if you change it to high, it will reduce the file size.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Using the "Set" button to compact the file totally worked.  Thank you!

I am trying to reduce the PDF size for a B&W scanned from the printer. I have a Canon GX7021 printer. In the Scan Utility, there is no set button next to the PDF option. 

Abigail111
Contributor

Hello

For pdf size,you can compress the pdf size if you want to reduce the size of the pdf files.

Here is the code to do it:

using System.IO;
using System.Drawing.Printing;
using RasterEdge.Imaging;
using RasterEdge.Imaging.Codec.Compression;
using RasterEdge.Imaging.PDF;

DocumentCompression.infile(@"C:\1.pdf");
DocumentCompression.Outfile(@"C:\2.pdf");
DocumentEncoder = DocumentEncoder.Group3Encoding

RasterEdgeImaging Document = new RasterEdgeDocumentg();
Image. DocumentCompression(@"C:\1.pdf", "C:\2.pdf", DocumentEncoder DocumentEncoder.Group3Encoding);

I am a little confused. You mean to do compression work to  the PDF files or adjust the size of the PDF documents?

daniel147
Contributor

If you feel attach a smaller size PDF file in your E-mail, there are two methods. One is to compress your PDF document and the other is to convert your PDF document to other image formats in smaller size.

longwest
Apprentice

Actually, different PDF converter will create different PDF size. When I want to save word to PDF. I use formats converter can get a larger PDF file, but I get a smaller pdf file when I directly save Word to PDF with microsoft office PDF converting plug-in.

I'm looking forward someone can share good resource for reducing PDF size.

Announcements