cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with registration on an MP 240 Printer/Scanner

CannonUserQQw
Apprentice

Have used cannon printers for years, no registration problems ever experienced until recently with current MP 240 printer.  Tried the "maintenance" registration procedures, head cleaning, deep cleaning, re-installing cartridges - no luck.  Symptoms seem to be blue registration mostly, but get double vision/blurry characters, and an additional blurry mis registration vertically about 3" in from the left margin from top to bottom.  Hate to have to buy a new color cartridge's ($30) only to itch the printer because it may not be a cartridge's problem.  Also, hate to have to buy a new printer just because I can't figure out what the problem is.  Memory is fuzzy but I think shortly after I installed a new color cartridge the problem started. I have always used Cannon brand ink packs.   Any help appreciated.

thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The last thing you can try is cleaning the encoder strip inside the printer. Please click HERE for the steps that you will need. 

If this does not resolve the issues, you have performed all the steps I would recommend and the printer would need to be replaced. 

You would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase. 

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Hi again ArthurJ,

Cleaning the encoder strip did the trick.  Prints like a charm.  I know the 240 is not supposed to be a high end - long lasting unit, but this one seems to forge ahead for quite a while.  Really didn't want to spend a bunch o replacing it.

Good information - thank again - really appreciate it.

b

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The last thing you can try is cleaning the encoder strip inside the printer. Please click HERE for the steps that you will need. 

If this does not resolve the issues, you have performed all the steps I would recommend and the printer would need to be replaced. 

You would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase. 

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi ArthurJ,

Thank you for the come back, appreciate the help.

I will attempt to clean the encoder strip, and if no sucess will look into pursuing the replacement path.  Is it possible that my problem is a defective cartridge and not a printer fault?

thanks

b

Hi again ArthurJ,

Cleaning the encoder strip did the trick.  Prints like a charm.  I know the 240 is not supposed to be a high end - long lasting unit, but this one seems to forge ahead for quite a while.  Really didn't want to spend a bunch o replacing it.

Good information - thank again - really appreciate it.

b

Announcements