cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma mx922 colors are printing wrong

danielle72991
Contributor

I feel like the colors are either printing too dark on some colors, too light on some colors, and straight up won't print some colors at all. I had a darker purple print as basically black, I tried printing something with a teal color that came out straight blue, I tried printing some lighter pastel colors and they printed out super dull. I can't figure out what's wrong and I want to cry because im so frustrated.

I've done the cleaning, and deep cleaning, and I've put in new ink, I printed out the color test page and the rainbow thing that prints out looks perfectly fine but when I try to print my stuff it comes out all wrong. I never noticed this before so I feel like this is a newer issue but the only thing that's different is I'm using a new computer and I have to use a cord to connect to the printer because the wifi in my apartment won't hook up to the printer.

I added some pictures. I know its hard to really tell because they're pictures and not real life but it's the best I can do. I just wanted to make it so you can see what im talking about with the colors being off.

before 1.pngafter 1.jpgbefore 2.pngafter 2.png

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you used this software and paper before?

You said you are using a new computer. Is it the same operating system as the old computer or a new OS?

Is it a Mac M1 computer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have used the software and paper before. It’s a different operating system because it’s newer and it is a Mac M1 computer. 

Did you download the latest driver from the Canon support site?

Support | MX Series - Inkjet | PIXMA MX922 (MX920 Series) | Canon USA

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I just downloaded the one under "recommended", what do you think about the ones that are under optional? I don't really understand what they are.

never mind. they look like they're for the scanner...

it's still printing the same 😞

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I'm out of ideas Danielle. Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements