cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MG3620

Brian_1
Apprentice

Hey all,

I have started using my PIXMA MG3620 and came back top it the next day and it would not print anything. Error message kept saying "printer not responding" I uninstalled the driver and attempted to re install the driver. Before the install was complete, same error message appeared. Bought a new USB cable, same result. Help? Thanks in advance !

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Brian_1,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?
If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Windows 11 home

Hi Brian_1,

Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4. Right click the Canon MG3600 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MG3600's are removed.

5. Disconnect the USB cable.

6. Click Close to close that window.

7. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

8. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

9. Click once on "Canon MG3600 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

10. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.

11. Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1. Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

2. Click the Select button next to "MG3600 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01 (Windows)".

3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.

4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5. Double click "m68n-win-mg3600-1_01-ea34_2.exe" to begin the installation.

6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall, reconnecting the USB cable when prompted by the installation.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Brian_1
Apprentice

Thank you ! I will try that when I get home from work and update the results. Stay tuned ...

Announcements