cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma ix6820 code B200 error. If I can't fix it, is it worth doing a Canon trade-in?

kim2u
Apprentice

Deciding if I should completely toss my printer or try Canon's trade-in program. For those who did the trade-in, how did it go? Was it worth the trouble and cost? I assume Canon will give a small discount/store credit for the trade-in.

For full context: I own 2 Canon Pixma ix6820.

Printer #1 could only print in B&W because the color nozzles are deeply clogged. Cleaning with distill water and/or isopropyl alcohol won't clear it. Whatever, a B&W only printer is fine by me.

Printer #2 was printing B&W and color just fine UNTIL 3 weeks ago. It won't even start/warm up anymore. The printer would flash 10 times and "Support Code B200... printer needs repair" pops up on my computer.

When I swap printheads between #1 and #2, the problems swapped as well. Printer #1 is now experiencing B200 and Printer #2 can print B&W. In other words, the B200 error had to do with the printhead. I searched youtube, reddit, Canon forum, and tried out most of the solutions: clean the printhead, timely shutting the lid as the printhead moves pass a specific point, re-stalling the driver. Everything except covering up the pins because that's days of trial and error-- no thanks.

I even tried installing a new printhead (model QY6-0086). I tried buying a "genuine" Canon printhead but it never arrived. All the other options were generic QY6-0086 printhead, so I gave one of those a try and it didn't work either. Still got B200. By the way, I'm using 2 computers-- one is Windows 11 and the other is Windows 7. Still getting B200 on both.

I'm at a complete lost. Deciding to completely toss the printer and switch to Epson. Or try Canon's trade-in program. But there's not a lot of info about it online other than you have to phone call Canon. I would like to know what I'm getting myself into before I make the call.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

B200 is a general hardware failure of the printer and it could cost more to repair compared to replacing it. 

The Canon Upgrade program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase. You can reach out to them for more information without having to commit to a purchase. 

The Sales Department can be reached at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

click here to view the press release
Announcements