cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP4700 won't print black whne on Plain Paper setting

richmondscribe
Contributor

My Canon Pixma IP4700 printer will not print black when the print setting is Plain Paper. Only the outline of the text or image is visible. If I change the setting to Matte Photo Paper it prints black properly. The printhead is new, the cartridges as well and the test page prints everything correctly. I have cleaned, aligned, and kissed the feet of this printer repeatedly with no improvement. What gives?
2007 iMac
Photoshop CS5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

richmondscribe
Contributor

Thanks John...problem solved.  Found a YouTube video that explained how to clean the printhead with hot running water.  Then disassemble the nozzle portion of the head (2 screws) and run hot water over the openings until everything runs clear.  Working fine now!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Your printer uses the dye ink cartridges for photo printing and the pigment ink black cartridge for text printing.

Run a nozzle check and make sure the PGBK cartridge is printing.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

richmondscribe
Contributor

Thanks John...problem solved.  Found a YouTube video that explained how to clean the printhead with hot running water.  Then disassemble the nozzle portion of the head (2 screws) and run hot water over the openings until everything runs clear.  Working fine now!

Announcements