cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS9120 Power Issue

greze
Apprentice

I got this printer back in May and had no issues with it until recently. I typically leave it unplugged when I'm not using it. The other day I plugged it in and it won't power on. The power light comes on, but the display doesn't, I'm unable to print and I also can't ping the printer from the command line. I found the manual and followed the "won't power on" troubleshooting (unplug it and plug it back in) and had no change. I've tried different outlets and have confirmed other devices work on those outlets. I tried to submit a repair request, but after I enter the serial number and everything, the Canon site takes me a page with a picture of people in an office, a cancel button, a back button, and a non-functioning continue button. There doesn't seem to be a support email, and I personally work in tech support so I'd rather do just about anything than get home from being on the phone troubleshooting all day just do to do it so more. Their support number doesn't have weekend hours. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do about this short of taking the printer out back Office Space style and never purchasing Canon products again? I was very happy with this printer up until now.

12 REPLIES 12

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi greze,

Because your PIXMA TS9120 does not power on and it is still in warranty, please call us so we can send a replacement unit to you.

To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm having the same issue as greze. I bought mine in August of 2019 and it worked flawlessly until 2 days ago when I got an error code 6831 that I was not able to clear.  The light is on at the top of the power light but no display and it is not discoverable on my network.  Is the only resolution to call tech support?

I have the same issue - my TS9120 unit will not turn on.

How do I get a replacement?

Thank you

Hi,

I bought this product at Amazon exactly a year ago - on July 5, 2019. It worked fine until today, and now it will not turn on at all - completely dead.

Please let me know how I get a replacement under warranty.

Thank you

Hi bstrongin,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same issue. I spent one hour waiting for support on the phone yesterday, and there is no chat support for it.

They ended up sending me a new printer since there was no fix for mine.  Thank goodness it was still under warranty.

I was out of the warranty for a month when this happened. The best I could get was a discount for another Canon printer, which I will certainly not be using.

greze
Apprentice
Yeah. I really wanted to get it worked out over email (since I was a tech support person myself at the time, calling tech support was my own nightmare) but I gave them a call and it was really mostly just being on hold. When I finally talked to a person, they quickly said it could be replaced after going over the problem. It was still under warranty. A sort of frustrating thing is that the replacement wasn't the same model. But the replacement is still going strong almost a year later, so I guess I can't complain.
Announcements