cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ts9100 shows up as usb disk

guthrie
Enthusiast

I did a transfer of my system to a new machine, but now my Canon TS9100 printer shows up as a USB disk in the system.

It shows up in explorer and in disk manager - as a Removable USB, no media.

Properties show "Canon TS9100 series USB device", location "on USB mass storage".

I can eject it from explorer, but it is back on a reboot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, agree that itis an OS issue most likely.

Transferred - means a transfer utility - in this case LapLink PcMover, although there are sever other similar products.

Since I do use a USB connection to the Canon printer, I thought someone else may have also had this symptom.

I went into Disk management, and removed the drive letter from this phantom device, seems like that may have done it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

What is the exact printer model you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit)?
Do you see any error messages?
Which Computer Operating System are you using (Windows 7/8/10/11 or macOS 10/11/12)?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.
If you're in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Guthrie,

"I did a transfer of my system to a new machine"...

What does this mean exactly?

Put your disk in another computer or pair with a new motherboard?  It sounds like you "new" system is incorrectly detecting the printer as a mass storage device.  Support for your transfer and new build likely goes beyond the scope of support we can provide for your Canon product.

Please answer Stephen's questions and provide as much detail as possible.  

Assuming that the OS is otherwise functioning, you may want to uninstall the printer and its software, then reinstall it.      

TS9100 Series Support:

Support | TS Series - Inkjet | PIXMA TS9120 | Canon USA

If you do live outside the US, you should visit the support portal for the country/region where you live.  The link I provided above is for TS9120 US based models and might not include support for different languages or models produced outside the US.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes, agree that itis an OS issue most likely.

Transferred - means a transfer utility - in this case LapLink PcMover, although there are sever other similar products.

Since I do use a USB connection to the Canon printer, I thought someone else may have also had this symptom.

I went into Disk management, and removed the drive letter from this phantom device, seems like that may have done it.

Announcements