cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX870_6A80 'Printer Error has Occurred'...

Kwmck
Apprentice

Printer has been working for years, and today after completing a print request... error 6A80. 

From a previous solution I read,"told of a 'switch" mechanism (Small white plastic) at the far right where the printhead docks, that can get clogged/gummed by ink. Another told of a series of button pushes to reset the message. ( Power Off, then hold down 4 buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds ... Stop / Black-Copy / OK / & Power Button. AFTER 10 Seconds, release the Power button while continuing to HOLD DOWN the other 3 until the printer powers up. Then release all buttons."

I am having a problem locating the Small white plastic 'Switch'. Is it just below the back rail at the far right? I look at that plastic piece, and it is covered with a FAIR amount of ink. Would that be the 'switch'?

Does the above process appear to be correct for Error Code 6A80?

Thank you...   Kwmck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Kwmck,

That error would usually mean needs service or a replacement part. At this pint, you can try cleaning any excess ink residue on the inside right with a cotton swab. If the error continues, it will mean the printer needs service. You can use the link HERE to check your My Canon account to check your service options. 

Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-385-2155 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Kwmck,

That error would usually mean needs service or a replacement part. At this pint, you can try cleaning any excess ink residue on the inside right with a cotton swab. If the error continues, it will mean the printer needs service. You can use the link HERE to check your My Canon account to check your service options. 

Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-385-2155 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

Announcements