cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX490 Keeps Cycling

elstx61
Contributor

Canon Pixma MX490 powers on and goes through initialization, then powers back off.  Keeps repeating the process as long as it's plugged in.  Buttons are non-responsive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mike

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

354 REPLIES 354

messlinger76
Apprentice

Add me to the list of people affected. I just got home from work and thought someone was trying to print something because I heard the printer making noises. It kept making noises so I went to look at it and found that it was just turning itself off and on and the only thing displayed was "Canon".

tarawmcginn
Apprentice

I have a cannon mx492 and have the same issue. I contacted cannon support via chat and they were not helpful. Has anyone found a solution? It seems if all of the printers stopped working at the same time the company should fix or replace the printer.

Canon will probably tell us that if the printer is out of warranty it is OUR problem, not theirs. Great company! 

spaterson
Apprentice

Add me to the growing list with my MX492. I posted a link to this forum on Twitter and tagged Canon. Keep spreading the word. 

Which Twitter account did you post to?  I was searching to do the same.

This is what fixed my printer. Post it on Twitter

Screenshot_20220531-200723_Chrome.jpg

@twister65 is my Twitter account. Already found two others on Twitter with the same issue and no response yet from Canon. 

nadibratxp
Apprentice

Having the same exact issue. Was working fine before today. If I turn off the wifi, then it stops doing the cycling nonsense, but I don't have my USB cable in order to print that way!! Frustrating

jperez739
Contributor

Here is the fix

Screenshot_20220531-200723_Chrome.jpg

This is not a fix. It is a workaround to solve the problem Canon caused. Less than 5% of people owning these printers are capable of implementing this 'fix'

click here to view the gallery
Announcements