cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG7520 turns on but shuts off before I can access menu

leafstar
Apprentice

My Canon MG7520 was working perfectly until yesterday. It kept shutting itself off yesterday. Today it would start the process of turning on, but turn off before it would get to the menu. I know it's getting older, but it's worked so well until now. Is there anything I can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions HERE.  Just click where it says "Software & Drivers" to get started.

[Link updated.]

View solution in original post

78 REPLIES 78

So glad to see this.  I had called Canon support and they were no help.  Ran the download on Windows and magically my printer came back to life.  Thanks so much for this community!

trehki
Contributor

Thanks SamanthaW for the "fix". However I found a couple issues I had to deal with. I had set my DNS to manual in order to bypass the Wi-Fi issue and get printing again, and I had set it up as a USB printer to try that to get up and running. So, #1 I had to reset my printer to clear the changes I had made. (easier than going back in and manually changing DNS and settings.) AND #2 once I had it working again I deleted the extra Printer (USB Driver) from my devices so I didn't have to think which printer is which USB or Wi-Fi? So, I had to reinstall the USB driver in order for the Updater to see the printer on my computer since the updater is targeting a USB printer. To sum it up I had to reset my changes in the DNS (manual to automatic) and install my MG7500 as a USB printer. At which point the Updater worked, recognized my printer and did it's thing. Then finally I had to reinstall it as a Wi-fi printer, probably due to the reset of the DNS settings, and once again delete the USB printer device.

GOWOKEGOBROKE
Contributor

Canon Maxify MB2320

Printer started power cycling when Canon screwed everyone else this past weekend.  I took the DNS "Fix" and instead of doing all of the steps I only....

1. Unplugged the printer
  2. Unplugged the modem ethernet from the router (You could also turn off router)
  3. Plugged in the printer, it turned on by itself, cycled and finally brought me to the menu without shutting off
  4. Plugged the modem ethernet back into the router
  5. Test printed from the PC, worked
  6. Test print from mobile, worked
  7. So far, so good

Printer bought in 02.2015 and have never installed a firmware update and whatever Canon did this weekend, it still affected mine

lmason41
Apprentice

My MG7520 will not turn on.....with LAN disconnected just to make a Copy.  Lights come on for only about one second....can hear motor for a second...door opens....then turns off.

Scroll up and look for SamanthaW's Official Canon Fix. Or Sheri99's fix. 

Or - here's the link to sheri99's fix: EASY FIX if your printer won't turn on 

After so much whining and waiting, I finally got a real live agent on Canon. Charlie helped me out and installed the new software, uninstalled the old, fixed it all perfectly! I had to say agent agent agent into the phone and it was not easy getting thru but not quite an hour later he came on.

Can't imagine anyone doing it on their own! You who have done so are amazing!

jceddy
Apprentice

Quick tip: If your router supports MAC filtering, blocking the printer's MAC address allows it to boot up without actually turning off the router. This is useful if (like me) you have folks sharing the router.

Thanks for catching that!  We've overhauled our web site since posting that and the link no longer worked.  We've updated it to take you to the right location.  Feel free to try it again!

Announcements