cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG7520 turns on but shuts off before I can access menu

leafstar
Apprentice

My Canon MG7520 was working perfectly until yesterday. It kept shutting itself off yesterday. Today it would start the process of turning on, but turn off before it would get to the menu. I know it's getting older, but it's worked so well until now. Is there anything I can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions HERE.  Just click where it says "Software & Drivers" to get started.

[Link updated.]

View solution in original post

78 REPLIES 78

You are hilarious!! It was like reading a novel...lol..

Question, why would you spend $120 on ink? I buy the ink on Amazon. Office World ink and a box of 25 cartridges for $12

I buy real Canon brand and even with Amazon things are priced for the area you live in. A full set of ink for me in my area is about 110 dollars and then there is tax and since I don't buy a membership to Amazon I pay for shipping in some cases. When I went to buy ink no one had a full set in stock-usually about 85 dollars so I ended up buying from several different venders, each with their own shipping and prices. Sure I can buy meat at the grocery store for reasonable prices but technology is a beast here. The closest store for technology here is Walmart! Take that and run with it for a minute. Its June, I shoveled snow last week. Tonight's forecast is for 33 degrees, did I mention it is June? Now you might understand the controversy of online tracking by Google and all the rest. That's how they know where you are and just how much they can get you for. AND they base the advertisements on your area and charge you tax on the location you ship it to.

not all heroes wear capes, Sheri. Thank you for stepping up, making that $20 phone call, and getting the official low down for us until Canon gets their act together haha 🙏

Thanks so much for this fix! I had the same issue with an MG 7520 that worked flawlessly for about 6 years - though not with a router, but with a T-Mobile WiFi hotspot MiFi device that I use for internet (very rural and no other options). I followed these instructions and the printer came back on. I was set up to try it as a USB printer, but decided to try turning the hotspot back on, and amazingly, the printer connected and after going through an endless cycle of maintenance, it printed.

My question - will this fix "stick" when I turn off the hotspot and reconnect at a later point, or will it need to be reset each time?

Canon has posted a notice about the issue - but their suggestion is to use the printer as a USB - not connected after their fix of just turning off the LAN. Seems that this fix of resetting the DNS did allow for wireless printing, but will it continue to work each time - that is the question.

Will Cannon be addressing this so that we don't have this issue again??

Again - thanks for the help and fix. I was also about ready to order a new printer, but for the moment, this has resolved the situation. 👍

@HLily To answer your question the Wi-Fi DNS fix did work repeatedly for me and so did the USb Fix. HOWEVER SamanthaW released Canons Official Fix, Scroll up to find it. It is just above one of my previous posts. So far the Canon Official Fix has been working. 

Thanks so much! Yes, I did see the Canon Official Fix, which seems to involve the software update. I think I'll see how this fix continues to work before I do that update, but will keep it in mind as a backup if the issue starts to happen again!

Thanks for the reply.

Just wanted to say that I shared this fix over in the Ask Woody forums in case anyone there might have the same issue. Gave credit to sheri99 and this forum. Hope that is OK with everyone here!

CCL54
Apprentice

@leafstar You may want to update this with a fix update that Sheri99 just posted! That way everyone can see it since I don’t think anyone is reading all the comments. 

lagrangehill
Apprentice

Work around fix is answered on this thread by italolima.

The work around fix doesn’t allow you to print with your wifi, you have to use a usb or connect to your computer with a cable. The fix Sheri99 posted from her 1.5 hour call with Canon customer service will allow you to print wirelessly. I was able to print a gift card and return label from my iPhone 

Announcements