cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG7520 turns on but shuts off before I can access menu

leafstar
Apprentice

My Canon MG7520 was working perfectly until yesterday. It kept shutting itself off yesterday. Today it would start the process of turning on, but turn off before it would get to the menu. I know it's getting older, but it's worked so well until now. Is there anything I can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions HERE.  Just click where it says "Software & Drivers" to get started.

[Link updated.]

View solution in original post

78 REPLIES 78

trehki
Contributor

I messaged all the folks in this list to read sheri99s message. I hope they get it before they shell out for a new printer!

TheodoreMonk
Apprentice

It would be a very bad look if they have decided these products have a shelf life and shouldnt work anymore.....

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions HERE.  Just click where it says "Software & Drivers" to get started.

[Link updated.]

This solution does not work for me because the printer keeps shutting off before I can install the firmware...

Are you turning off your router or internet connection to the printer? Once you do that, the printer should start and you can follow the firmware directions.

Hi, I apologize for the late reply. I followed your advise and it worked. Thank you!!

As HLily said, you need to shut off your Wi-Fi or disconnect your internet to prevent it from doing the shut down thing.

Hi, I apologize for the late reply. I followed HLily's advise and it worked. Thank you!!

After carefully reviewing all responses and fixes, and attempting to download the 'new' software as recommended, nothing works. Numerous attempts to download and install failed.

Another 'work-around' suggested is to use a usb cord after disconnecting router, etc. I got the cord, followed the disconnect and reconnect suggestions...expecting results. Nada.

No one answers the phone at Canon. Maybe on Monday? If I could access Lan settings and be sure that printer is no longer on 'wireless', I would do that. I cannot.

More ideas are  welcome!!

Before you do anything. Go Online to the link in SamanthaW's Official canon fix and download the installer program. Once it is downloaded just shut off your internet, you won't need it since you have already downloaded the installer which happens to have the update file in it. As in my case the fix didn't work since I had my printer installed on WiFi and had uninstalled it as a USB printer.  If you haven't done anything "special" (named it or have to assign it a Static DNS) with your printer then you can safely just go into settings and do a reset on your printer which will clear the name, DNS settings etcetera  and make it like you just got it out of the box as far as settings go. Then connect your USB cable to the printer and install it on your computer as a USB printer. Then, turn off and back on your printer ta make sure there isn't any print job stuck in there, like mine automatically began printing a test page. Let the printing finish and again turn off your printer and turn it back on. NOW open the installer program and follow the three step dialogue. It should find your printer and by the time you go to step 2 it should take care of business. When it is done with step 3 (you will have to click continue to go to the next steps) You should turn off and on your printer. Turn on your WiFi and internet and see if your printer turns off like before. If you set it back up as a WiFi printer, you can keep the USB printer but then when you go to print you have to remember which one you want the USB or the WiFi one. I just delete the USB one so I don't have two printers listed, if you unplug the USB cable one will show as "offline". Good luck!

Announcements