cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG7120 not recognizing ink

Breasa
Apprentice

Hi,

My Pixma MG7120 suddenly stopped recognizing the grey cartridge. It is not spent and I have primted with that cartridge before. It suddenly doesn't recognize it and I get code 1660. I have cleaned the cartridge area, which didn't seem very dirty. I have tried a new cartridge and that doesn't work either. I also cannot seem to bypass the error message to attempt to reset the printer or clean the heads and such. I have had this printer for some time and haven't had many issues with it. Any thoughts? 

4 REPLIES 4

Breasa
Apprentice

Sorry, there was a type. It is a MG7120 which was purchased in Texas. 

Hi Breasa,

You are correct, the 1660 error is an indication that your PIXMA MG7120 does not recognize one of the ink tanks installed in your printer.

Please make sure that you are only using genuine Canon ink tanks, as we cannot guarantee the compatibility of 3rd party inks.

Please remove the ink tank that is not recognized and look in the slot where it was installed.  Make sure there isn't a piece of paper or foreign object or debris near the metal contacts towards the front of that slot.

If you are using Canon ink and there is nothing blocking the metal contacts, please reinsert the ink.

If the 1660 error persists, your PIXMA MG7120 would require service. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tgentil
Apprentice
Hi
My MG7150 has the same problem. Does the program work also for Canon in Sweden or only in USA?
Thanks

Hi,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, go to: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Announcements