cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 3520 frozen, won't turn off

jmpowell831
Apprentice

When plugged in, 4x6 photo paper light comes on, pressing power butter-green light comes on but printer is not responsive. None of the buttons respond and computer does not find printer. I can then only turn it off by unplugging it.

6 REPLIES 6

BillS
Mentor

Hi jmpowell831,

It seems that the printer is going into an error state, even if the alarm light does not come on.  Pressing and holding the Stop button for 5-7 seconds will dismiss many errors.  I also recommend removing and reseating the ink cartridges.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm having this exact issue and I need to print.  I pressed the stop button but nothing happens.  What did you do to fix it???

Hi kelann162,

Disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer and the wall outlet for approximately 10 minutes. After the approximate amount of time has transpired, reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer and plug the unit directly into a different wall outlet. Turn the unit on. As the unit power on, listen for any abnormal sounds or the flashing alarm lamp. With a successful start-up process, perform a test print.

Beavan1971
Apprentice
I have tried but nothing

Beavan1971
Apprentice
I have tried but nothing

Hi Beavan1971.

If the steps provided above don't restore the MG3520's ability to power down by the ON button, then it will need to be replaced.

I can offer the Canon Upgrade Program, a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., with free ground shipping.  If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements