cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS9520 Naming of PDF files

WeekiWacheeJim
Apprentice

Using IJ scan with TS9520....   Is there a way to scan individual PDF files and specify a "save as" file name? I can't seem to see any way except to bring each one up and use "save as" (or use windows explorer to rename). Both are far less than optimal.

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If you go into settings on IJ Scan Utility and for example select document, there will be an check scan results option under the save settings area(click HERE to see more).

When this is selected, this will allow you to change the file name before the scan is saved. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Arthur! 

I realize I should have been more clear in my question and specified "using the ADF". I do understand that your method would work with single pages through the ADF or on the platen, but I would like to do multiple, as explained below.

Unless I am missing something, when setting the program as you describe  and using the ADF it saves the pages as one multi page file. My need is to scan a series of documents (customer P/Os) and save them individually to PDF files.

For example, I get 10 P/Os from varying companies. At the conclusion of the day they get scanned to make them easily referenced in the future. I certainly do not want 10 P/Os from 10 different firms all together. I used to be able to (not with this machine, with one that died after a long life) run them all through the ADF, and then I would see 10 separate pages on my screen, and I could select the file name I wanted for each and they would be saved, one at a time, as 10 separate PDF files.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Please open the IJ Scan Utility and click the Settings button in the lower right corner.

In the Settings window, click on "Document Scan" in the menu on the left side.

On the right, in the Save Settings section, click the "Data Format" drop down and select PDF, not PDF multiple pages.

Click OK.

That will scan each page as its own PDF file.

More information regarding scanning can be viewed in the manual here:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/TS9500%20series/1.1/EN/SU/su-004.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements