cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8520 Printer is in use error

Alan-Editor
Contributor

We have a Canon TR8520 inkjet with a macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. We're getting a Printing - The printer is in use error message. We thought it might be due to a recent installation of Amazon Send to Kindle, which I just removed. Also, the printer is low on Yellow ink, but low ink has never caused this before. The printer is on line and can be "found" by the computer. Any suggestions? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alan-Editor
Contributor

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for your reply. I had rebooted the computer and now it works fine. Sorry to have taken your time. I don't know what the problem was, it's never happened before, and it only happened after using Send to Kindle.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Alan-Editor,

What currently appears on the display of your PIXMA TR8520?

If the Home screen appears with no errors or messages, please attempt to print a test page following the steps on this page:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TR8500%20series/EN/UG/ug_m_01_02_c.html

Were you able to print the test page?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problems.  Have shut down and restarted computer.  Have printerd test page from the printer screen.  Keep getting the same message  Printing The Printer is in use.  It also shows a PDF icon even though what I am printing is not a pdf.  I have  shut down printer, etc.  Also reloaded printer.  Get the message from both mac and iPad.  

When I start printing the dialogue says the printer is idle but then it does not print and says printer is in use.

I was able to print the test page but the error persists.  Can print from a PC

Hi Patrick - I am unable to print due to the printer being in use. I was able to print a test page but still can’t print from my pc or mobile device. Do you have any suggestions to fix the issue?

thanks,

Michael

Alan-Editor
Contributor

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for your reply. I had rebooted the computer and now it works fine. Sorry to have taken your time. I don't know what the problem was, it's never happened before, and it only happened after using Send to Kindle.

Thanks again!

PVECanon
Apprentice

I have this problem with a twist.  I can print from a PC but get the printer is busy message when I try to print from an Apple product - iPhone, mac, iPad.  I deleted the printer from the mac and then added it back and got the same message.  This just showed up today Dec 17.  Mac is running Big Sur 11.17.10.  iPhone etc up to date 17.1.2

Hi,

You can try disabling the IPV6 setting on the printer by using the steps HERE. Also, you can try removing the device from your Mac and then add it back. For the iPhone if you are using the Canon print app, remove and reinstall it. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements