cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8520: Persistent error message: no paper in rear tray.

resawd21
Contributor

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

"PIXMA TR8520: Persistent error message: no paper in rear tray"

You haven't given us very much to go on.  

Does this error message mean you don't have paper loaded and the printer is trying to print from an empty tray?

or

You have paper loaded and the printer is not detecting the paper?

We need more information in order to try and assist you.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

resawd21
Contributor

Sorry about that abbreviated post.  Couldn't figure out what to do after entering the subject.  I'm using and HP with W10 and a Canon TR8520 printer.  Printer wants to keep telling me that there is  no paper in the upper tray even tho I'm trying to print from the lower tray on letter size sheets.  If I put paper in the upper tray I can  print photos fine just can.t get it to recognize the paper in the lower tray.  As far as I can tell the sizes are properly set for both trays.  This a new problem, have been able to shift between sizes readily in the past

resawd21
Contributor

Refining this a bit.  I can print from the rear tray fine.  If I leave paper in the rear tray and try to print from the cassette,it will print on paper from the rear tray not the cassette.  It seems to be hung up inb the rear tray.

Announcements