cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 with error code B200 (Series MX920)

gnc
Contributor
How do you clear the B200 Support Code on my Printer? I can't do anything with the printer until the B200 code is removed and does not pop up as soon as I power up the printer. AND what causes the B200 code to be active all of a sudden?? My printer is no longer in warranty, but has worked fine until this code issue appeared all of a sudden! Your nearest service center is over 250 miles away----hardly worth while to keep printer if no "work a round" is provided, and I doubt I'd buy another Canon if this issue is not resolved!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gnc
Contributor
I found how to remove & replace the print head (after cleaning it up a bit), but I still get the B200 Support Code. Does this mean I must buy a new print head???

View solution in original post

155 REPLIES 155

TheOutlawDad
Apprentice

This is how I fiwed Mine It has been fine now for over a year. If it doesnt work on the first try. Do the steps again and put in new ink. its cheap on ebay you can get 3 full reloads for 16.00 dollars.

If you have the B200 Error. To get out of it. 1.Push the power button. Unit will shut off. 2. Unplug Power cable. 3. With the power cable unpluged hold power button in for 10 seconds. 4. Plug power cable in & press Power button. This will get you to the main screen. 6.Use the up down arrows to get you to Setup. 7.Clik setup Use right arrows to to estimated ink level clik ok. 8. Replace any Ink with yellow triangle. 9. Clik back arrow go  to setup. 10 Clik ok on setup. Use left arrow hightlight device setings. 11. Clik ok on device settings. use bottom arrow scroll down to Firmware update you must be online. Clik Ok on the update when prompted clik yes let printer get update. 12. After you see Succeees Updated Clik Ok.  13 Printer should now do B200 Error again. 14. Press power button shut down printer. 15. Press power button Firmware loads on start up Error is Gone

jsorealty
Apprentice

The "fix" of starting it, then opening and closing the cover works, until you try and do something.  Then the printer literally DIES.  No power, nothing.  I had this exact same thing happen to TWO MX922 printers in the past 2 weeks.

HELP!!!  Now what do I do?  The printer is DEAD.  No power, nothing.  It is NOT the power supply, as I have checked that .

EriConda
Contributor
Recycle it, say goodbye to ink jet, upgrade to laser. I've tried all the methods, including playing a banjo underwater standing on one toe, none of these work. This problem plagues inkjets, and is more common in the Cannon line.

I'm with you. Sick of this hassle. Quality was good and when it worked, it worked well! Just sucked it up buying ink for half the price of the entire unit. But when it craps the bed during an important job, well...enough is enough. Laser can't come close to picture quality. Not for under $200-300 anyway. Thanks for your post!

I have about 10 years of ink (the off-brand carts are less than $1.00 each on eBay).  I don't want to give up on them ( I have two left with teh exact same NO POWER issue.  I am going to take a chance and buy a main board ($30 on eBay) and see if that does the trick.

Good for you! Those days are over for me. But I remember them well. The way brands, models, versions, hardware, software, all change all the time....screw it. I remember when I started in I.T. and all the talk was about "Open Systems" where standardization was going to make our jobs easier....never happened...went the other way...more proprietary than before. But I digress....

Hello, great that you asked. The HP relacement from ebay is a nice device and is working well for me. It has functionality that is very useful. The only drawback is that it does not print on both sides unless the paper can be flipped over and put back into the feed tray. The setup process was somewhat confusing but I took my time to get everything set correctly. I had rebuilt my MacBook Pro and upgade my HP desktop to Windows 10 and added a wireless USB adaptor to it. Two different computers and operating systems, wired or unwired connections, overall home network configuration, Google Drive and photos, and 1 Drive, icloud this cloud that, My Galxey phone, Samsung account, Google account, Microsoft pushing 360 accounts, Xfinity internet, Smart TVs. They all want to take control. too many ways to back up and sync to where. Updated drivers. don't forget to make new printer the default and all that great stuff. Sorry for this delayed reply. I am very happy with the HP OfficeJet 3830 and replacemet ink is readily available. The printer can auto order new ink. It prints at a nice speed and is a quiet printer. Good support at the HP website. The HP scan and printer Doctor works well and I did use it several times. The Doctor is Different than the Printer Assistant Device control panel) for Scaning, Faxing  and printer. I was unfamiliar with device and software names at frirst but everything is working well.  Thanks for asking.

JBozREx
Apprentice

After screwing around for 2 days now I'm done.  I will never, ever, EVER!, buy any Cannon product ever again.  And what pisses me off the most?  I rarely use the printer but depend on the scanner!  And NOTHING works if the printer doesn't!  Now I've got to **bleep** around trying to trash it.

tbuffolano
Apprentice
Hi I’ve been trying everything posted to get rid of the B200 error message and nothing seems to solve it. I cleaned the print head and put it back into the printer but it didn’t help. Anyone have any other thoughts?
Announcements