cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Not Printing At All

TheGrunk
Apprentice

I was able to print to my Pixma MX922 via WiFi until recently. Now when I print it does everything but put ink on paper. I thought maybe it needed a cleaning or even a deep cleaning. When I run those from the printer itself and then print a nozzle check there is still nothing on the page. The printer gives no errors. It seems the printer thinks everything is fine, but I can’t get even a single dot to print. Please address.

4 REPLIES 4

calgal
Apprentice

not doing wireless and i have an old TS6120, but after clearing a jam, I can get a nozzle check print but it won't print anything from computer nor make a copy....nothing. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

"The printer gives no errors. It seems the printer thinks everything is fine, but I can’t get even a single dot to print."

The printer has no way to tell if it is actually printing. All it can tell is if it received data and the print mechanism fed paper.

Since you are not getting anything to print with a nozzle check and multiple deep cleanings don't correct the problem you most likely have a clogged or failed print head, although there are internal problems like a failed ribbon cable or failed circuit board that can also impact printing..

There are techniques you can find on the Internet to clean a print head; sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. 

You can probably get a new printhead from eBay for under $100.

You can give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON and see what they recommend.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks, I was afraid I would get a reply like this.

Thanks. Now that I have fixed 5 other broken things, I can go back to this one...no receipt so they prob won't help but maybe that's a dif phone number. If I could get a human, maybe they'd take pity. haha. 

Announcements