cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS6420a Color Printing

tpfeiffer02
Apprentice

Hi! Just curious how many sheets Canon usually prints for colored sheets before the cartridge runs out. 

I have a business and am trying to price point my work due to my ink usage for color vs. black.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

.I've answered this elsewhere, probably a few years ago.  Not sure where that post is now.

To become familiar, you will need to understand the following terms:

Duty Cycleduty cycle refers to the number of pages a printer can print in the given time frame.  This is ofter expressed per month.

Ink Percentage / Coverage:  This is the percentage of ink used on each printed page.  Note that each color is individually measured. Coverage varies based on what you are printing (example) text vs. a photo. 

Page Yield: Is the approximate number of pages you can print with one cartridge.  This is typically measured using an industry standard 5% (typical)  ~ 15% dependng on the manufacturer.  Like % of ceverage, the page yield will vay based on the amount of ink you are putting on each printed page.  

You may find this helpful:

Inkjet Page Yields | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements