cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX492 Computer Says Printer is in Error State

rcbloom2
Contributor

I connected printer to my wifi, how do I connect the printer to my computer? I am not a Techy. This is my second MX492 printer. I have the drivers and software installed. Says the printer is in error state. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

You may need to remove and reinstall the printer driver. Open the computer search feature and type control panel and press enter. Once you are in the control panel, select View Devices and Printers and the printer should appear as MX490 series. 

Select the printer and remove it. If there are any copies of the MX490 printer icon, remove them as well. Once that is done, click HERE and download/install the MX490 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Mike

Hi rcbloom2!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the operating system on your computer. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here: https://canon.us/MyCanonAccount

Thanks! 

Windows 11 IBM

I am just trying to get the printer to work. Windows 11 os. Already has drivers and software installed because I am replacing a previous MX492 used with my laptop. Says printer is in error state. 

rcbloom2
Contributor

I connected the USB cable to computer and chose diagnose and repair, it said printer could not be found. 

Hi,

You may need to remove and reinstall the printer driver. Open the computer search feature and type control panel and press enter. Once you are in the control panel, select View Devices and Printers and the printer should appear as MX490 series. 

Select the printer and remove it. If there are any copies of the MX490 printer icon, remove them as well. Once that is done, click HERE and download/install the MX490 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you. 

Announcements