cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX472 Vertical lines down right side when scanning from adf

PattyMehl
Apprentice

I have an MX472 printer/scanner. When I use the feeder to scan a document, I get vertical dark and light black lines down the right side of the document. Because of this, if I have more than one page to scan, I have to do each page separately face down on the platen. Can anyone tell me why this happens?  I know it is an older printer, but it has done this even when it was new.  Thanks for any help I can get.  

3 REPLIES 3

normadel
Authority
Authority

Since it was new?

Look carefully to see if there is a piece of anything in the transport mechanism, like tape that got left behind when it was first unpacked and setup.

Sorry to reply so late. I checked and there is no tape or anything else.  I did have a slightly older model which did the same thing. Could it be something else?

Hi,

There is a hardware issue with the scanning element for the ADF side. 

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements