cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2550 printing on glossy paper

sophieramage
Apprentice

Hi everyone

I've been trying to set my printer so that I'm able to print on glossy paper in A4 size. But my printer won't allow me to do this as it says the size doesn't match the paper type. I have tried just using regular paper settings but when I do this the black ink smudges and I am told when set to glossy paper the black ink won't smudge. Does anyone know how I can make my printer understand that I'm using an A4 piece of glossy paper and not regular sized photo paper? Sorry if this question seems stupid.

I'm using a Pixma MG2550

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

codewithmehdi
Apprentice

I recently bought an MG2545S and I had the same problem. I went to several printer shops and technicians. No one could give a definitive help. Reading the error helped though, and it turns out that this printer does not support A4 glossy photo papers. All colored photo printouts I took were using plain paper as Media Type otherwise the printer would not print it, therefore they suffered from too much color on the paper that took forever to dry up. 

Eventually I looked at the description of the error number that was shown by the print dialog (see the image below): 

codewithmehdi_0-1698862777799.png

You can see from the description that the maximum colored photo size the machine can print is 5'' x 7''. So, what I did was cut out two 5.5'' x 8.3 '' from each sheet and printing them. Make sure adjust the printer ruler for the smaller paper size, otherwise it might jam the paper. To make things simple, you can just split the A4 sheet into 2, which will give you two 5.85'' x 8.3 '' sheets. So, forget about a complete A4 printout. You can have two smaller ones instead. There will of course be some whitespace around your photos that you might want to trim.

Hope this helps.  

Announcements