cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2500 Laptop Says Printer Not Found

Bettyboop7
Apprentice

I recently purchased a Cannon Pixma MG2500 printer and hooked it up to my laptop using the USB cable that was included. I am having a hard time setting up the printer to the laptop. It keeps saying not found, not recognized. Can you help?

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Setup help here:

Canon Support for PIXMA MG2520 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

You can also give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Querious
Contributor

If you have the option for wireless connection you might want to try that, by entering the Wifi/router password manually on the printer display. I recently had a very similar problem trying to connect/find my new PIXMA TS5320a printer using my Mac OS Ventura 13.1.  I still cannot connect using the USB cable but the wireless connection works.

kenil31
Apprentice

Hello

Check1 Make sure that the USB cable is securely plugged in to the machine and the computer. Check2 Follow the procedure below to connect the machine and the computer again. Turn the machine off. Unplug the USB cable from the machine and the computer, then connect it again.

Select the start menu -> Control Panel -> Printers and Other Hardware -> Printers and Faxes -> Add a printer. When Welcome to the Add Printer Wizard screen appears, click Next. Intel Dinar Chronicles
Select A network printer, or a printer attached to another computer, then click Next.

Announcements