cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G620 Firmware failing to update

shazzieroo
Apprentice

Hello

Yesterday I started receiving the alert indicating that there is a firmware update for my printer. I ignored it as I was in the midst of printing my orders. Partway through, the paper began to not feed... so I assumed that perhaps it was going to force my hand with the update, so I went ahead and tried to do it.

HOWEVER. Every single time it just powers off in the middle, and then comes back on and says "failed to update" 

I have checked my connection, restarted, powered off and left it off, unplugged it for periods of time... I even got desperate and did a factory reset, which only got me right back to square one.

So here I sit with a printer that wont feed (I've tried a ton of fixes for that, but as I'm now pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with the firmware update after all.... I am all ears for any ideas for that too) or update.... and orders that need fulfilling. I do have a backup printer but the quality is just not the same.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue, and/or does anyone have a fix?

21 REPLIES 21

davidwdalrymple
Apprentice

Same here. I have applied several firmware updates to the G620 printer and they have all been successful. This one has failed on many attempts not matter what I have tried including using Google's DNS on the printer. Upon trying to download I eventually receive 404 File not found.

Adrian0
Apprentice

I too am having the same error.  My printer (G650 - i.e. G600 Series) is suggesting that there is a Firmware update available and when I go through the Firware update process it startes to download but then the orange warning light flashes and eventually reports that the download has failed.  I too have done this process previously without any problems. 

Announcements