cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G620 Firmware failing to update

shazzieroo
Apprentice

Hello

Yesterday I started receiving the alert indicating that there is a firmware update for my printer. I ignored it as I was in the midst of printing my orders. Partway through, the paper began to not feed... so I assumed that perhaps it was going to force my hand with the update, so I went ahead and tried to do it.

HOWEVER. Every single time it just powers off in the middle, and then comes back on and says "failed to update" 

I have checked my connection, restarted, powered off and left it off, unplugged it for periods of time... I even got desperate and did a factory reset, which only got me right back to square one.

So here I sit with a printer that wont feed (I've tried a ton of fixes for that, but as I'm now pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with the firmware update after all.... I am all ears for any ideas for that too) or update.... and orders that need fulfilling. I do have a backup printer but the quality is just not the same.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue, and/or does anyone have a fix?

31 REPLIES 31

hudsonhawk1
Contributor

I just got off the phone with support.  After having me do the things I'd already done, she said to wait 48 hours and try again.  If it doesn't work, then call back.

I pushed a little on what exactly was going to be different in 48 hours and asked if there were going to be changes made on the server-side backend that could help with this. She said some changes were going to be made. I'm not sure why I had to go through all the tests, though, if that is the case.

At any rate, I suppose trying again on Wednesday is the best I can do, but then will call back and see if I can get any more movement.

Well, she wasn't lying, apparently.
I just tried again and... update succesfull!
I hope this means it's solved for everybody, but in my case, it finally worked.

davidwdalrymple
Apprentice

Same here. I have applied several firmware updates to the G620 printer and they have all been successful. This one has failed on many attempts not matter what I have tried including using Google's DNS on the printer. Upon trying to download I eventually receive 404 File not found.

Adrian0
Apprentice

I too am having the same error.  My printer (G650 - i.e. G600 Series) is suggesting that there is a Firmware update available and when I go through the Firware update process it startes to download but then the orange warning light flashes and eventually reports that the download has failed.  I too have done this process previously without any problems. 

Just to confirm - as others - I've just run the firmware update and it has worked without any hitch at all.  Thanks to all. 👍🏽

Murmelantes
Contributor

Hello, you may want to try again, support told @hudsonhawk1 that something would be done on their side today...
And in my case, after days of trying, the update was finally sucessful.
I hope this means it's solved for everybody, and that it will solve your feeding issue (mine was not having the issue, just the failed update problem).

Work for me as well! I hope Canon learn to lesson from all of this so we don't have to go through it. 

I hope for future updates that Canon double and triple checks these firmware updates before releasing them to Canon product users.

I was also successful this morning in getting it updated.

LoveAutumn
Apprentice

Successful for me as of this morning. Thank you Canon for fixing the issue.

Announcements