cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G6020 Scan Function: Computer not connected error

BWSmith
Apprentice

I bought a PIXMA 6020 printer/scanner.  I hooked it up to wi fi and the print function works.  When I try to scan a document it says the computer is not connected and defaults to Local (USB).  The computer is connected or the printer wouldn't work.   There isn't even a standard USB port, it looks like I need  special cable.

How do I get the scanner to work?

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

So that the Community can help you better, let us know which version of Windows or macOS you are using? How are you connecting? 
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. The forum is not intended for immediate support. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

I am running Windows 11.  I'm connected wireless.  The router is 3' away from the computer and printer.

I am connecting 2 computers to the printer wirelessly.  Both work well in the print mode.  

Thanks for the info!  One more question we forgot to ask is which specific Canon printer model you're using.  We've made multiple PIXMA printers with the number 6020 in their name so please let us know if you've got the PIXMA G6020, the PIXMA TS6020, or something else.

We look forward to your reply!

G6020

BWSmith
Apprentice

The printer is a G6020

Announcements