cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXIMA TS6220 Connection mystery

Chezphyl
Apprentice

After one year of faithful service, my PIXIMA TS6220 has started putting 98% of all print jobs in error status. Though the WiFi settings on the printer panel shows "Enabled (Connected), the computer device-status shows it "disconnected." Here's what I've tried:

• Cancelled all print jobs, restared the computer & printer: On two (and only 2)  occasions I was able to print one item, the remaining jobs went into error status. I've tried repeating these actions approximately 20 time over the course of the past week to no avail.
  • The second of the above occasions (where it printed successfully) was after I downloaded a new printer driver off the Canon site. The remainder of print attempts failed.
  • Ran the troubleshooter multiple times. It found no problems, but  test pages goes into error status like all the rest.

Other things I've recently done:

• Changed my security software from my internet service providers product to Microsoft's  Defender
  • Deleted all cookies trying to resolve an issue with emailing attachments.

I'm at my wit's end and hoping for guidance on how to correct this issue. I would welcome any input you can provide.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chezphyl
Apprentice

I called Canon Support (866) 261-9362. Available Mon-Friday (Eastern). They provide free support for first 3 years of printer's life, after that there is a charge for their service. There was a 30+ minute wait, but the support person  was knowledgeable, patient, and able to resolve the issue by having me perform the following steps:

- Delete all  TS6220 printer entries (I had two) using the Windows printer-control panel*

-  Delete all TS6220 print drivers  (There was only one)

- Restart (not shutdown) the computer

- Re-add the printer (Click the plus sign at bottom of  windows printer-control panel * and let it search for available printers on the network. Then select the one I wanted.

- Download a new Pixma TS6220 driver from the Canon website

- Install the new driver by clicking on it in the download file  (Note: My operating system is Windows 10)

- Once installed, had me print a test page and then print one of my documents.

Everything printed successfully.

*Note: There are several ways to reach the printer-control panel. One is to key in the Windows Logo key and R to bring up a run screen (i.e. command prompt). Then type in: control printers. Then hit enter.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Chezphyl
Apprentice

I called Canon Support (866) 261-9362. Available Mon-Friday (Eastern). They provide free support for first 3 years of printer's life, after that there is a charge for their service. There was a 30+ minute wait, but the support person  was knowledgeable, patient, and able to resolve the issue by having me perform the following steps:

- Delete all  TS6220 printer entries (I had two) using the Windows printer-control panel*

-  Delete all TS6220 print drivers  (There was only one)

- Restart (not shutdown) the computer

- Re-add the printer (Click the plus sign at bottom of  windows printer-control panel * and let it search for available printers on the network. Then select the one I wanted.

- Download a new Pixma TS6220 driver from the Canon website

- Install the new driver by clicking on it in the download file  (Note: My operating system is Windows 10)

- Once installed, had me print a test page and then print one of my documents.

Everything printed successfully.

*Note: There are several ways to reach the printer-control panel. One is to key in the Windows Logo key and R to bring up a run screen (i.e. command prompt). Then type in: control printers. Then hit enter.

Announcements