cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS6220 won't connect to Wi-Fi

A_Hicks
Contributor

Hello again,

After being scammed by Technod Solutions, which actually got my printer attached to my wifi and it printed yesterday, today the printer will not connect to my wifi again, nor will it print.  When I click on support I get a weird message not on the website - something about cookies.  Any help would be gladly appreciated. If I need to pay for support, I gladly will.  Thank you! Andrea Hicks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Greetings ,

I'd be happy to try to help you with your issue. Please reply to this thread .

Please include the model of your device. Assume 6220. The operating system you're using it with (Mac/Windows) OS version and build, as well as how you are connecting the printer and to what device, computer, wireless router, etc. 

If you have performed any troubleshooting steps or received error messages, please provide those as well. Myself or one of my colleagues will do our best to help you out. 

This is a user to user forum in. Our assistance is free.  😀

If it turns out you need to speak with Canon support, I can point you in the right direction.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

SamanthaW

Hi there!

We do not outsource our tech support, so if you're speaking to another company we recommend discontinuing! Please check your Official Canon USA support options on our website HERE.

Hi, I think i responded in the wrong place.  I discontinued with the company immediately after I realized what had happened.  

It appears my printer is not covered for tech support.  How do I get Canon support?  Do I need to activate a CarePak?  Thank you again.

I'm merging the two conversations now! 😊

A_Hicks
Contributor

Thank you Samantha,  I stopped with 3rd party tech support immediately after realizing I had been scammed. 

My printer no longer has tech support available from Canon,  How do I get tech support.  Do I need a CarePak?  I need someone to figure out why printer is not connecting to Wifi nor printing.

Thank you, Andrea

Greetings ,

I'd be happy to try to help you with your issue. Please reply to this thread .

Please include the model of your device. Assume 6220. The operating system you're using it with (Mac/Windows) OS version and build, as well as how you are connecting the printer and to what device, computer, wireless router, etc. 

If you have performed any troubleshooting steps or received error messages, please provide those as well. Myself or one of my colleagues will do our best to help you out. 

This is a user to user forum in. Our assistance is free.  😀

If it turns out you need to speak with Canon support, I can point you in the right direction.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I'll go ahead and merge the two topics. 😊

Samantha, is it safe for me to work with Rick?  Tjx

Thank you but who are you?

Hello Rick,

Sorry for my delayed response. 

As you surmised, I have the Canon TS6220 printer purchased in 2018.  I have a MAC laptop.  OS system 13.6.7.  Printer is connected to the MAC via a wireless router (recently updated to Verizon Fios).  I thought i was on the Canon website when I got a pop up that asked if I wanted a tech to call me.  I said yes.  Got cold feet and hung up on the person. Was so frustrated that I did the same thing the next day.  Long story short - a person who said he worked for Thechnod Solutions was on my computer for 2 hours.  Said my IP address was messed up and lots of entities were using my wifi.  He supposedly ran a program to get rid of them; gave me a fire wall and unlimited tech support for all devices i own.  phones, tablet etc.  Next day I called Apple and they ran some diagnostics and said the computer was ok.  The person, Parker Hill, did get my printer reinstalled (I had deleted it and tried to reinstall); connected to my wifi and the printer worked.  It worked the next day and now it is not connecting to my wifi nor printing.  I'm going to try it now.  Let me know when it would be convenient to work with you all.  I am in NY so 3 hours ahead of you.  Thank you! Andrea

Announcements