cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGBK Cartridge running out of ink

RTEN813
Apprentice

I recently purchase a PIXMA TR8622 printer. Why does the PGBK cartridge runs out of ink so fast? I replaced the cartridge on December 28th and by January 13th I was getting a warning that the cartridge was low on ink.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RTEN813
Apprentice

Talked to the support team yesterday and the agent explained to me exactly what was going on. Turns out that my printer was working as it should and that I had printed a lot more pages than I thought. Also the nozzle check has a nice feature, letting you know how many pages you have printed making it easy to track exactly how the cartridge was performing. A word to the wise, when you need to replace the cartridge get the 280XL or 280XXL cartridge and you will be able to print twice or three times more pages.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It depends on how much you print and what you are printing.  Obviously if you print a dozen photos of birds in deep blue sky you will run out of blue ink very quickly. Even though all the other cartridges remain full.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

RTEN813
Apprentice

I have printed less than 40 pages, no pictures and only black and white documents.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Call Canon support and ask them about the issue 1 (800) 652-2666

EB

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello RTEN813,

I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with checking what is causing the issue and can check the hardware to make sure it is working properly.

RTEN813
Apprentice

Talked to the support team yesterday and the agent explained to me exactly what was going on. Turns out that my printer was working as it should and th

@RTEN813 wrote:

I recently purchase a PIXMA TR8622 printer. Why does the PGBK cartridge runs out of ink so fast? I replaced the cartridge on December 28th and by January 13th I was getting a warning that the cartridge was low on ink.

a

RTEN813
Apprentice

Talked to the support team yesterday and the agent explained to me exactly what was going on. Turns out that my printer was working as it should and that I had printed a lot more pages than I thought. Also the nozzle check has a nice feature, letting you know how many pages you have printed making it easy to track exactly how the cartridge was performing. A word to the wise, when you need to replace the cartridge get the 280XL or 280XXL cartridge and you will be able to print twice or three times more pages.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I have printed less than 40 pages, ..."

I kinda figured that was the case and 40 pages was not accurate but it's difficult to argue that on a forum. Glad you got it sorted. I don't know why Hector thought it necessary to repeat my post but, hey, you are good to go now.

EB
Announcements