cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My computer won't detect my canon printer

dametre
Apprentice

I tried to install my new PIXMA MG 2220. It gets all the way to the end of the install. I am then told to plug in the printer. At first it says printer detected then it says printer not detected. I have even downloaded the Easy-Web EX plug in. When I run the fix it program, It says my printer is not compatible with Internet explorer. How can that be. Please help. Is there anything I can do or do I have to send this printer back and find a compatible one?

16 REPLIES 16

Hi, rwise7!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of the printer you have and if you are using a USB or wireless connection.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

GrannyTJ
Apprentice

I have a new Dell windows 10. I bought a new Cannon printer MG3500. I can't get it to connect to my computer. I can't do the wireless or the usb connection. The alarm light always on.It flashes back and forth with the power button.

I have tried unstalled and restalled nothing works. Unplug the printer and  plug in Nothing works.

Hi GrannyTJ,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Already did. Last month.

Hello, GrannyTJ,

If you contacted Canon Support at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666), and our friendly, US-based technicians determined your printer was malfunctioning, you will be given options from there.

timandbeth
Apprentice

Had an Asus with Windows 10 and the printer (canon MP250) worked find. Got a new Asus with Windows 10 and am trying to install the computer but it won't recognize it. Followed all the instructions, downloaded the latest stuff twice from Canon's site, even changed my cords twice and it still won't recognize. It's not that old a printer so what in the world?? Same printer, same OS just a different computer. Now what??

Hi timandbeth,

This issue may be caused by a firewall or security software settings. Since changing the usb cords did not resolve the issue. I would recommend contacting Windows to have them assist you with the security settings on your computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements