cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My computer won't detect my canon printer

dametre
Apprentice

I tried to install my new PIXMA MG 2220. It gets all the way to the end of the install. I am then told to plug in the printer. At first it says printer detected then it says printer not detected. I have even downloaded the Easy-Web EX plug in. When I run the fix it program, It says my printer is not compatible with Internet explorer. How can that be. Please help. Is there anything I can do or do I have to send this printer back and find a compatible one?

16 REPLIES 16

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Depending on the version of Windows that is installed, updated drivers may be needed.

Please visit the following link to download the latest drivers:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg2220_w...

If additional assistance is needed, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi

I bought a Pixma MG2550S and am unable to install it past 'printer not detected'. Also a windows 10 message pops up when I switch it on saying 'the last usb device connected is incompatible and may have malfunctioned'. What can I do? Is this printer compatible with windows 10?

Thanks

"cant create output file"

is the message i get when trying to download required drivers....

NancyBme
Apprentice
I have an iMac. When asked I type in password. It's not accepted. I don't know where the router is. "Connected to the site, I don't understand.
Nancy

NancyBme,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

TimShilton1
Apprentice

I just bought a new PC with Windows 10.

I've had a Pixma MG2260 Printer for a year or 2, and it worked fine with my old PC. The old PC died, so we bought a new one.

I've plugged the Pixma in via a USB port, and turned it on. Then when I go to Devices on my PC and try to "add Printer", PC says that it cannot find any printers. Have I missed something?

Roberts
Apprentice

Hi, Roberts!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which specific Canon printer model you're using, which operating system is on your computer (Windows or Mac, and which version thereof), and whether your printer and computer communicate via a USB cable or Wi-Fi. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

rwise7
Apprentice

Printer will not print

because the computer cannot detect it.

Printer makes copies and scans.

Have Windows 8 😕

Will not print.  

Downloaded driver.  Driver cannot see the printer.  

Driver download was useless.

Announcements