cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My (at home) network doesn't recognize my PIXMA G7020 printer

landmark54
Apprentice

When I ran the Windows troubleshooter, I got two error messages: 1) Network Does Not Recognize Printer, and 2) Remote Device or Resource Won't Accept Connection. The only change I've made recently to my system is getting a Nord VPN (which wasn't the easiest software I've ever installed) and enabling MFA. I've tried rebooting the modem, router, printer, and my laptop at least twice each, and still no luck. Any thoughts on what I can do to get my network to recognize my printer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If you are connected to a VPN, the printer is still connected to your wifi network and not the VPN. So when you go to print from the VPN it will not communicate with your printer. 

You can check to see if that the “Enable Local LAN Access” setting is disabled in the VPN software when you go to print. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@ArthurJ likely has the answer.

Greetings,

I haven't looked at Nord VPN specifically.  Look for a setting called split tunnel.  

Cisco calls it something different too.

shadowsports_0-1694453108671.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If you are connected to a VPN, the printer is still connected to your wifi network and not the VPN. So when you go to print from the VPN it will not communicate with your printer. 

You can check to see if that the “Enable Local LAN Access” setting is disabled in the VPN software when you go to print. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@ArthurJ likely has the answer.

Greetings,

I haven't looked at Nord VPN specifically.  Look for a setting called split tunnel.  

Cisco calls it something different too.

shadowsports_0-1694453108671.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements