cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 duplex printing blank on back of page 1

steelslicer
Apprentice

When printing using duplex printing, the printer prints page 1, leaves the back blank, then prints page 2 through to the last in duplex, like it should. Seems kind of strange, if there is an odd number of pages, the blank should be on the back of the last page, not page 1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi steelslicer,

You can try unchecking the "Print from Last Page" option in the printer driver to see if this will resolve the issue.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Go to your START Menu, then select DEVICES AND PRINTERS.

2.  Right-click over the icon for your PIXMA MX922, then press select the PRINTING PREFERENCES option.

3.  Click the PAGE SETUP tab.

4.  Locate the Duplex Printing section near the bottom of the window, then uncheck the box for Duplex Printing.  Once the box is unchecked, please uncheck the box for PRINT FROM LAST PAGE, then check the Duplex Printing checkbox again.

5.  Click the OK button at the bottom of the window to save the changes, then attempt to print again.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Ramona
Authority

Hi steelslicer,

So we can better assist you, please reply with what operating system is on your computer (version of Windows or Mac OS X).

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Windows 7 64 bit

Ramona
Authority

Hi steelslicer,

You can try unchecking the "Print from Last Page" option in the printer driver to see if this will resolve the issue.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Go to your START Menu, then select DEVICES AND PRINTERS.

2.  Right-click over the icon for your PIXMA MX922, then press select the PRINTING PREFERENCES option.

3.  Click the PAGE SETUP tab.

4.  Locate the Duplex Printing section near the bottom of the window, then uncheck the box for Duplex Printing.  Once the box is unchecked, please uncheck the box for PRINT FROM LAST PAGE, then check the Duplex Printing checkbox again.

5.  Click the OK button at the bottom of the window to save the changes, then attempt to print again.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

I'm having this same problem, but instead of the MX922 I have Canon model TS8020, and instead of Windows 7 I'm using it with two different computers:  

(1) an iMac, operating system macOS High Sierra (10.13.6).  

(2) Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit (10.6.18362, Build 18362)

Can you provide the procedures to resolve the problem in both of my environments?

Thank you.

Steve

Hi sewestfall,

(for Windows / Print from last page)  https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/TS8000%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_copies.html

(for Mac / Change page order)  https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/M/TS8000%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_copies.html

Hi Patrick,

I'm having this same problem (duplex printing blank on back of page 1), with the MX922 on the following system: 

iMac, operating system macOS High Sierra (10.13.6).  

When I print a document with an odd number of pages, for example, a 3-page PDF, it will print out pages 2 and 3 as the two-sided page and page 1 comes out with a blank page, instead of the normal pages 1 and 2 are double-sided while page 3 is blank on the back.

I've double-checked to ensure that two-sided printing was selected, I've tried "Page Order" to be set to "Automatic" and then again to "Normal" with no success.

I'm hoping we can figure out the solution to this issue.

Thank you,

Tom

Hi tagriesti,

I recommend you contact us so we can try to resolve this issue in real time. Please click HERE and once the page opens, go to the chat box and ask to speak to a live person. We have chat agents who can be reached at  1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Is there a support call fee? If so, what is the fee? I've had the printer for years and this has never been an issue.

tagriesti,

Does this issue occur when you print multi-paged documents from any program?  OR does this only occur with certain programs?

Announcements