cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922: Feeder Cover Missing (PICTURE)

gugion
Apprentice

Hello,

During transportation, the feeder cover on my MX922 printer came off and is now missing. Because of this, I cannot print anything as support code #2800 states "The feeder cover is open. Close cover and select OK". The problem is, I no longer have a feeder cover! Is there any way for the printer to bypass this error or is there a place I can purchase JUST the feeder cover instead of a whole new printer?

Thank you in advance.

-Gugion

Canon Printer Picture.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Perhaps you can find a microswitch that the cover would trigger and tape it down?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Of course John's recommendation is possible.  (And good)

Sorry this happened.

Casualty of transport.  My recommendation...  

This has "You Need A New Printer" written all over it. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi gugion,

It does look like the printer needs service or repair. The sensors are usually near the contact point between the cover and printer body. In the image it looks like the plastic broke and it was not an issue where the hinge came loose or dislodged so locating any sensors might not resolve the issue.

The printer has a 1 year warranty and you can click the link HERE to create a Canon account to see what service options you have.

Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-652-2666 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

Announcements